CIVL-FM at the University of the Fraser Valley in Abbotsford, BC will host the 2017 National Campus and Community Radio Conference, and welcome over 100 volunteers and staff from C/C Radio all over Canada to the Fraser Valley for a week of workshops, lectures, info sessions, caucuses, awards, social events, and the NCRA’s Annual General Meeting.
The Conference Sponsorship Coordinator will be responsible for joining CIVL’s staff and board delegates at the 2016 Conference in Ottawa (travel/registration/accommodations costs borne by CIVL), observe and participate in this year’s conference, and design methods of exploring as many different sponsorship opportunities as possible to bolster the financial resources that CIVL has to host this conference.
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Demonstrated ability to Multi-Task
- Creativity and a demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to work on self directed tasks
- Experience in sales/marketing/advertising an asset
- Graphic Design skills an asset
- Demonstrated ability to complete long term projects
- Project Management experience an asset
- Ability to set reasonable goals and monitor achievement incrementally
**This is a Canada Summer Jobs Position, and must be filled by an applicant returning in the Fall semester to a full time education program**
30 hours/week for 9 week position
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter specific to this opportunity to JobOpportunity@civl.ca with the subject header ‘CSJ Hiring’
**This is a Canada Summer Jobs Position, and must be filled by an applicant between the ages of 18 and 30, returning in the Fall semester to a full time education program**
CIVL encourages applications from under-represented communities, including women, first nations peoples, people of colour, lesbian/gay/queer/transgender, people with physical and mental disabilities, people living with HIV/AIDS, and people whose age, education, or economic status may be a barrier to employment. CIVL does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability, or class. Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.