Bring the kids and friends to celebrate Earth Day Abbotsford on April 22, at Mill Lake Park, Bevan St. entrance, from noon to 5 p.m.
The free family event will include more than a dozen exhibitors, with children’s activities, live music and speakers. Bring your bicycles (and helmets) and join Bike to Work BC for a fun family ride on bike lanes around the city, 4 – 5 pm. You’ll even get a free bike safety check.
Learn about City of Abbotsford parks and trails, water conservation, the Fraser Valley Regional Library bookmobile, conservancy work in the region and more.
Want to make your backyard nature friendly? The folks from South Coast Conservation have great ideas.
Abbotsford Nissan, along with Emotive BC and the Fraser Valley Regional District will have electric vehicles on site as well as EV owners to answer questions about this increasingly popular technology.
There will be lots to see and do, including:
- Kids activities by EcoDairy, Abbotsford-Mission Recycling
- Fraser Valley Conservancy and Fraser Valley Watersheds Coalition displays
- Raptors and baby turtles
- Solar panels & electric cars
- Tips for nature-friendly backyards
- Abbotsford Mission Nature Club
- Invasive plant information from the Fraser Valley Invasive Plant Council
It all happens at the Bevan Avenue entrance to Mill Lake Park in Abbotsford, rain or shine. Additional parking at MSA Arena Park on Emerson Street.
See also Earth Day Abbotsford www.facebook.com/EarthDayAbbotsford/