From big machines, to 3d printing, to CNC routers, to robotics arms, the Trades and Technology Centre has a lot to show. Bring the family, tour the facilities, and learn about trades training in Chilliwack.
Use the form at https://events.ufv.ca/events/trades-open-house-fun-free-and-family-friendly-3/ to RSVP: you will be entered in a draw to win a $50 gift card from the UFV Bookstore and get priority access on the day of the event.
The following activities will run in various shops:
- Heavy equipment simulator
- Drag race reaction timer: test your reaction time in tenths of a second
- Spray paint simulator or demo
- Welding simulator: try your hand at welding
- Maker Space activities: 3D printing, laser cutting/engraving demos
- Automation: set up pneumatic control systems, activate robot
- Aircraft riveting: Pop some rivets in your take-away key chain