new balance shoes men
You Say Party!, Oh No! Yoko, Little Wild, The New Altlas, Casey Ambrose and The Parish of Little Clifton play this Friday, July 19 at The Reach Gallery Museum Abbotsford. Dress up! Doors open at 7PM, shows start at 7:30Tickets: $15, ALL-AGES, cash bar, pre-purchase tickets here .
discount new balance
Celebrate with us as we wrap up the end of CIVL Radio’s first annual fundraising drive. Facebook event details here
new balance sneakers
Our Drive-In went on without a hitch! A big thank you to everyone who came out to support us, the volunteers who helped set-up and tear down, the departments at UFV who hammered out all the details and our many sponsors – without all of these people, this event would not have been possible. We had a blast camping out under the stars, watching an amazing independent film, “Hicks on Sticks”, and munching on popcorn (graciously offered by Envision Financial for FREE).
For those who didn’t come, you definitely missed out! However, the success of this event means it will be possible for us to do this again, so you’ll get another opportunity to join in the fun. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates on future CIVL Radio events, and tickets for our Gala event are still available, but we have limited space! Purchase yours by clicking here.
nike free trainers
Fundraising Update: So far we have eclipsed our $5000.00 goal and are steadily making headway towards the stretch goal of $10,000.00! You can help us get our signal out to Chilliwack by calling the pledge line (604) 851-6322, going to the Sign-up/Donate tab at CIVL.ca, or coming down to the Abbotsford Campus of UFV in building C, room 1061. Only three more days!cheap air max 95
You know the drill – This Saturday (May 18) Aftermath, UFV. Doors at 7pm, Show starts at 7:30pm. $5 Cover.
new balance usa
Come out and support your favorite band – who will it be?
nike air max premium
Lonely Cave Kings Often compared to artists such as The Gaslight Anthem, The National, Kurt Vile, and Franz Ferdinand, Lonely Cave Kings are fast up-and-comers with a passion for creativity and a penchant for composing memorable music that will keep your toes tapping while reminding you what nostalgia feels like.
nike air max sale
Casinos Casinos are Alex Vevers, Kier-Christer Junos, Zachary Keely, and Mitchell Trainor. A four-piece originally spawned from the hormone-soup that is high school, the members of Casinos know each other very dearly; their beloved project has gained a meaning beyond simply playing shows. This, is where life refreshes itself.
nike womens free
Old Mare Old Mare released Their EP,”YOU DESERVE MORE” in January of 2012. The project sat in the top 10 charts on CIVL for a number of weeks. Old Mare’s sound has expanded since the release and they look forward to sharing it with all their friends at the Battle of the Bands.
nike air max women
Congratulations to the winner of Week 1 of CIVL’s first ever Battle of the Bands!
new balance u420
Merciful Angel will be facing off against two other playoff qualifiers at the end of June at UFV Abbotsford’s Aftermath. Which other two bands will fit this bill?
s curry shoes
Stay tuned to find out!
air max sale
This past weekend, local Abbotsford high school phenoms Yes Men Jr. shocked and awed the audience with their masked performance of psychedelic kraut-drone, disappointing the scenester faithful by finishing third behind runners up 7th Avenue, whose homegrown brand of good ol’ rock’n'roll coasted them into an easy 2nd place, just behind Week 1 champions, Abbotsford’s own Merciful Angel.
what type of shoes does stephen curry wear
new balance 991
Remember, every band still has a chance to make it into the playoff round through online fan voting, and we’ll let you know how that works as soon as you check back enough times!
nike air max 90 mens
So stay tuned and get ready to be the difference maker in this competition!
mens new balance tennis shoes
womens new balance
- Work under the Fundraising Drive Coordinator, Station Manager, and in coordination with station volunteers to execute the first annual fundraising campaign
- Coordinate training of all on-air volunteers for the campaign
- Ensure the individual goals for each show is achievable in consultation with station staff and committees
- Coordinate a pledge database/ensure information is entered accurately
- Plan and oversee all steps necessary to maximize collection of pledges
- All other activities necessary to ensure the drive and events run smoothly
- Publicize the campaign throughout the station and surrounding communities
- Provide support for activities and events related to the Fundraising Drive events, staffing the phone lines, dissemination of promotional material, and on site leadership during events
- Create fundraising resources for volunteers in order to successfully pitch the drive to listeners during the fundraising period
1. Strong organizational skills
3. Ability to work with and train volunteers
4. Exceptional communication & outreach skills
5. Ability to work independently
6. Ability to work to tight deadlines
1. Experience in Community/Campus Radio or other non-profit organizations
2. Experience in fundraising operations or event planning
3. Background in design or crafting
4. Familiar with media tools, video, photo, press releases, etc.
$15/hr for 17 weeks, 3 full time weeks, 14 part time weeks
CIVL-FM is a non-profit campus-based community radio station at The University of the Fraser Valley, mandated to provide an alternative to private and public broadcasters, providing a forum for diverse and under-represented voices, music and news. The station broadcasts from UFV’s Abbotsford campus 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, at 520 Watts through Abbotsford, Mission, and the surrounding communities, and is run by more than 100 volunteers.
nike run free 3
The Fundraising Drive Coordinator is responsible for researching, coordinating, and overseeing operations of CIVL’s first Fundraising Drive.
discount new balance shoes
The Fundraising Drive Coordinator will be a full time contract employee, under direct supervision of the Station Manager, and is accountable to CIVL’s Board of Directors. The Fundraising Drive Coordinator is the staff representative on both Fundraising and Promotions Committees, and participates in other committees as needed.
air max nikes
The successful applicant will be responsible for defining the best potential timeframe and methods of holding CIVL’s first annual Fundraising Drive.
new balance running shoes
The Fundraising Drive Coordinator will be expected to research, set and pursue achievable financial and promotional goals for CIVL-FM through the combination of the Fundraising Drive, on-air advertising sales, and external fundraising (e.g., special events, benefits, promotions, partnerships, grant writing, etc), in collaboration with station staff and volunteers.
All operations will be undertaken in collaboration with the Station Manager and other relevant staff and volunteers as appropriate.
nike air max 90 black
– Rational problem solving skills
– Ability to multi-task extremely well
– Ability to work independently and be goal oriented
– Comfortable working in a fast paced, constantly moving environment
– Experience coordinating volunteers and working with non-profit organizations
– Demonstrated ability to develop long-term plans and see them through to completion
– Ability to motivate and encourage volunteers with a wide variety of skill sets and backgrounds
– Proficiency in Punjabi is an asset
– Experience with graphic design, editing, or web design is an asset
– Experience setting, meeting and analyzing budgets is an asset
– Experience with data-based fundraising systems such as: Raisers Edge or Donorperfect an asset.
– Experience in fundraising, customer service, event management are all assets
– Excellent social media management
– Grant writing, media and public relations experience are all assets
nike max air
– Maintain regular office hours on CIVL-FM’s premises during, and complete full time hours in the months and weeks leading up to and following the Fundraising Drive
– Attending committee, work group, and Board of Directors meetings
– Perform all duties specific to the position of Fundraising Drive Coordinator as required by the timeline, including:
> Meeting and coordinating with community and academic partners
> Polling UFV Students and Fraser Valley Residents
> Develop branding and goals along with methods to train volunteers on how to pitch their campaigns on-air
> Approaching UFV academic bodies in search of support for CIVL fundraising
> Soliciting support from local businesses as financial contributors or otherwise sponsors
> Following up with Pledges and collecting contributions, distributing thank you information
> Keeping track of ideas, desires, challenges, and methods for proper documention in a CIVL Fundraising Manual
– Coordinate and train volunteers, act as a supervisor, create volunteer guide for this year’s drive, and ensure volunteers are signed up for volunteer shifts and duties
– Negotiate contracts and selling air-time and program sponsorships on CIVL-FM
– Ensure that programmers are aware of their fundraising goals and responsibilities
– Coordinate the production and distribution of all volunteer documents related to fundraising (Fundraising Manual)
– Coordinate and facilitate volunteer-run fundraising events throughout the year
– Explore new fundraising initiatives (including, but not limited to grants, private-sector partnerships, and community support)
– Complete a Final Fundraising Drive Report
– Prepare on-air ad copy or script to advertisers’ specifics, CRTC regulations and CIVL-FM policies for content and style
– Oversee production of on-air advertisements in co-operation with volunteers and other staff
– Data Entry following Drive — sending mail-outs, logging pledges into the computer, and keeping track of donations
– Conduct general administration duties as required
Start Date: Before November 12th, 2012
End Date: Initial contract ends August 31st, 2013 . Potential for extension depends on results of Fundraising Drive.
Hours: Full-time (35 Hrs/Wk)
Wage: $465.11/week gross earnings
Application deadline: 12:00PM PST, Friday, November 9th, 2012
Submit a resume with a cover letter and references to hiring (at) civl (dot) ca with the subject line: ‘Fundraising Hiring’
CIVL, an equal opportunity employer, strongly encourages applicants of minority and underrepresented groups.