Abbotsford – Over a dozen different awards and $10,170 are up for grabs once again with #FVMA21, the 6th annual Fraser Valley Music Awards!
In addition to the 10 + categories through various genres, demographic and fan vote recognition opportunities, CIVL is teaming up with Common Room for the second year in a row. This year, the Common Room Recording Grant will be awarded at the Fraser Valley Music Awards on November 18th, 2021 in the second straight year of teaming up with CIVL!
Common Room Recording Grant applications are now open at https://www.commonroommusic.co/recording-grant
New at fvma.civl.ca this year is a comprehensive archive of artist pages for each Fraser Valley Music Award nominated and winner in every category going back to 2017, along with links to their online and social media content.
CIVL will host #FVMA21 in person on November 18th, 2021, PHO guidelines permitting, and online if not, so stay tuned once nominations are announced for the details on our 6th annual event!
- Each winner will receive a cash prize for being the highest adjudicated applicant in their category
- The Common Room Music Collective’s 2021 Recording Grant will see $3,500 awarded to one artist to produce their first professional recording. Visit https://www.commonroommusic.co/recording-grant to apply now
- Artists whose adjudicated submissions are nominated for a 2021 FVMA are automatically eligible for participation in the Dakota Leslie Memorial Fan Vote, where the more votes you get, the more cash you win!
- FVMA submissions are now open
- Nominees will be announced in mid-late October